Cybersecurity relates to the various methods used to protect computers and network systems from hackers and other forms of malicious attack.
Modern dental practices are equipped with a myriad of computers and electronic devices, from basic workstations and tablets to 3D printers and CBCT machines. Ensuring that your practice is safe and profitable begins with taking steps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your network, which contains business data as well as sensitive patient data. In addition, protecting your network is required by HIPAA and the HITECH Act.
If you use a mobile device to log into your patient database, how confident are you that it is secure? Take our no obligation Compliance Assessment to see how your practice scores!
Common cybersecurity tools include anti-virus/anti-malware software, software patches, firewalls, two-factor authentication, encryption, and passwords.
There are three key facets of cybersecurity:
- Confidentiality—data is kept private and secure (icon)
- Integrity—data is not added, deleted, or modified by unauthorized users (icon)
- Availability—data and computer systems are always available when needed (icon)
The Linda Harvey Group will assist you with any of the following cybersecurity services:
- Customized Privacy and Security Policies including Incident Response and Contingency Plans
- External Vulnerability Scan to identify external network vulnerabilities
- Computer network assessment
- Security risk analysis and gap analysis
- Risk Mitigation and Remediation Plan
- Team training along with training for Privacy/Security officers
- Real-world phishing training exercises
Our team of HIPAA-credentialed IT experts—Certified Information Systems Security Professionals and Certified Ethical Associates—stand ready to support you.
Evaluate your practice today! Ensure that your security and technology rival that of your cyber adversaries. Call today or take advantage of our no obligation Compliance Assessment to see how your practice scores.