by Dan J. Tennenhouse, MD, JD
Linda M. Harvey, RDH, MS, LHRM
Jack A. Owens, DDS, FACD
115pg manual shipped in 3-4 business days via UPS or USPS
This 6-hr self-study manual addresses basic risk management and record keeping principles that are applicable to both electronic and paper records. Each chapter focuses on different aspects of chart documentation, patient communication and risk management that need to be captured in the record. Specific topics include documenting examinations, observations, informed consent, telephone calls and correcting errors as well as documenting unusual occurrences, conversations with patients and families, patient expectations, explaining complications and avoiding unprofessional comments. Each sub-section includes hypothetical questions, rules and guidelines pertaining to the topic discussed followed by Prevention Checklists and Evaluation Questions.
- Review standard of care, risk management and principles of negligence as pertaining to recordkeeping
- Analyze proper documentation such as chart entries, health histories, examinations and informed consent
- Understand the relationship between communication, documentation, patient satisfaction and quality of care
- Documentation strategies for unusual occurrences, complaints and patient-related conversations
- Recognize the subtle differences in the meaning of words that effect recordkeeping
- Correct misconceptions and poor recordkeeping habits that lead to legally unsafe records
- Professional development
- Fulfill disciplinary sanctions (check with your licensing board first)
- Training or educational settings
NOTE: These courses are for educational purposes only. They are not intended as a substitute for legal advice. Contact your state licensing board or local attorney for further information regarding the laws and rules in your state or province.
- CEUs: 6
Linda Harvey Group, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2025. Provider #317912